Sunday, May 10, 2015

Blog #8 May 5, 2015 (Last Blog)

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!


So I was looking through my drawers where I left my books.  I read all of them except this one book.  Its a trilogy but I only have the third book.  I picked it up at the dentist when I got my right 2 teeth pulled out.  I didn't want to read it until I get the the first 2.  It's something about warrior mice.  It looks a little interesting but probably not my type.  Then I stumbled into a small book I read over the summer.  It was the first book I got after getting my first 2 left teeth out.  Geez, I loved the book.  I told myself I should read the third trilogy book but I desperately wanted to blog about the little book.  I remember I read it for only one day.  Pretty much the whole day because I still had to do chores, take a nap from all the pain and all that.  I was proud to read it all of it in just I think around 2 hours.  It's called Geography Club.  

At first I thought it was going to talk about the world so I told myself, WHY NOT?  When I got home I started to read it and I found out what kind of book it was.  I believe I turned read as in blushing.  It was about a fictional character Russel who is gay.  My religion is Christian and we're well you know anti-gay.  We don't believe that is right but we don't treat them like trash.  This is mostly my family who we just say, it's just not right.  I'm against Gay but I hate to see them being treated like trash.  I could help but laugh I told myself "I picked a book about a gay person!"  I smiled but read on.  Around the 17th page I didn't want to stop.  I also found the reason why it's called "Geography Club".  This is my second time reading this book but like I said, I desperately wanted to blog about this.  So here it goes.  ONCE AGAIN!!!


Summary:

This story story starts of a little sexual and weird.  Russell Middlebrook explains that he is not on territory lines.  There he is desperately trying not to blow his cover while seeing his naked peers change in the locker room.  He says they all came out of the shower room (awkward).  Also his eyes can't keep away from genitals.  He then says the only reason why he is in territory lines is because he is gay.  He then says he maybe has this crush at the popular jock named Kevin Land.  Russel turns down the crush because he knows Kevin had sex with some girls and is straight.  To his surprise he found a username in a gay chat room called GayTeen (to simple...wow.)  They meet in the high school and finds out it was Kevin.  They both discuss very little about how they tried to hide their secret.  Funny thing is even though Russel is gay he stills make a little fun of Kevin for being gay.  The next day Russel tells his friend Min (The Asian egghead of Goodkind High School) about Kevin being gay.  He then confessed to her that he was gay which is how he met GayTeen (Kevin).  Min then confesses to Russel she is bisexual dating the soccer player named Terese.

Again Again:

While reading the book there Kevin, Russell, Min, Terese,  and Ike (some kid Terese decided to bring along with) and they meet in a pizzeria.  As they sit they talk a lot about general stuff but once their pizza comes in, they're quiet.  Then Russell breaks the silence by saying "So here we are".  I got to say it was a little awkward but Russell had this little get to together.  They then discuss about being gay and family.  Kevin Land says that it's hard to be gay and popular because there's to much pressure.  Ike says it's harder to keep it away from his parent's and family because something worse can happen.  Terese, Min, Kevin and Russell all agree to what Ike had said.  They stay there until dusk (after school to dusk 6 I believe) and they leave.  Ike suggest they won't feel long if they sit next to each other during lunch.  They agree and leave in their separate ways except Min and Russell.  The next day during school they meet in lunch but to their surprise they seem to be feeling off with each other (again).  Russell explains how he can't believe this is the same group of people from the pizzeria.  He remembers how they were first quiet after getting their pizza and then become open to each other.  They all are near the table some Kevin isn't sitting on it.  Russell once again says "So...here we are"(All this is rephrased evidence).  I told my self why does he keep saying this?  Until it felt like a slap to my face, BECAUSE THEY ALL HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON!  That common is same sexuality that people don't accept.  I believe Russell is only saying this because 1.) he must feel awkward with the same people like him 2.) Not use to saying problems about his sexuality 3.) He only knows Min best and the rest are sort of strangers (Kevin is pretty much Russell crush).  Also I think that "Here we are again" is also saying that he doesn't want the others to leave him or show his expression that he also feel a little uncomfortable.




P.S. - This story has some sexual content...but I think we can handle it.  As long as you love the book.  I am also challenging myself to rephrased evidence instead of direct evidence.

Watashi no burogu o yonde itadaki, arigatōgozaimasu (Japanese)
(Thank you for reading my blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment