Sunday, May 3, 2015

Blog #7 5/3/ 15

Summary:

Robin finds out it was never a hallucination about a boat.  She does complained not being a Coast Guard (which most hallucinations do, make a Coast Guard) and instead being the NOAA.  She finally collapsed in the sand and the researches rescue her bringing her inside their boat.  She wakes up half way dirty and tubes injected in her, IV's.  She is greeted with a man along with many other NOAA crew members.  She then meets her roommate, Kristen.  Kristen is a nice woman towards Robie and comforts her and informs Robie about when they're coming to Midway and when Robie remembered being stranded in the ocean and island.  They tell her they're only a 24 hours away from Midway.  As she prepares to go back home, Brian ask her if she want's to keep anything that was left in the torn raft.  She hesitant but finds something SO unexpected that even I screamed, I will have to leave her.  Whoops but I can't just tell you what happened in the end.  Besides I am a little confused myself.  THE FEELS

Overall opinion

Well, my 6th blog I already posted my theory of the theme.  So I want to give an overall opinion on this book.  Chris from 5th period lit class told me THE RAFT was a good book.  I decided to take his opinion and read the first few pages.  I have to say I am very content for trusting Chris's opinion on the book.  It was amazing, it was like Gary Paulsen's writing only this had a little more FEELS into it (once again I'M IN A GLASS CASE FULL OF EMOTION).  I remember this one part where Robie was out in the raft with Max sleeping, and she said that back at home you didn't need to hope or wait for water to come.  It was always there.  You had electricity, water, food, people that are there for you (Paraphrased evidence).  That really shows how Max and her are struggling to survive after a fatal plane crash.  If you think about it, she's right.  There's kids who are just SO  greedy if they lost a phone and get a new one in just so little hours.  Yet, they never really look at what they have surrounding them.  They have a lot of sources for them to provide on, there's so many people who don't have sources like us American's do.  I have to say reading about her struggles was like a big shout out to actual lives like in North Korea, Pakistan maybe a country facing war.  Not only realizing and/or maybe making a connecting to real lives in the world.  The book was full of surprises.  "Just as I was ready to bring the board down, her head fell my way, both of her eyes looking up at mine.  There was no surprise in her gaze.  Like she expected me to be there.  To help her.  As she looked at me, I swear she was crying.  'I'm Sorry...'   Then I cried out as I brought the board down as hard as I could."  This piece of evidence is where the surprising happens.  Tada!  I can't tell you who is 'her' but I will tell you it was a very emotional death.  This was surprising me because I didn't think Robie had the courage to do this.  She was waiting for her death to come and there it was.  Heck, days later another death occurred to human causes.  The little guy died by after 'her'.  Then the are the notebook entries about Max's life.  While Max is sleeping and waking up in unexpected times, Robie takes the chance to read his past life.  There was so many things I didn't know about Max.  Max became my favorite character but after hearing about his life and the incident I just wanted to die, or at least be in a pool of tears.  Overall, the book was FANTASTIC!  There was so much about this book that made me love it.  I would think others would love it.  Especially the ending.  Ending is where I'm tied and curious to what caused that.  Max sounds like an AWESOME man.

No comments:

Post a Comment