Thursday, April 2, 2015

Blog #3 4.3.2015

Summary

So far in the book Ed leaves the whole crush on Audrey alone and focuses on his job.  He had to kill a man who kept abusing his wife and daughter but he didn't.  He later finds out that the man is living somewhere else hopefully not abusing anyone else in there, the wife and the daughter are now living happily though Ed is a little concerned that they're a living a little more poor than they were with the abusive man.  Ed keeps going with this job and given book titles.  He finds out that the book titles represent a street name and number.  He advertises about a church that doesn't even have people that worship there and makes it successful.  He buys an ice-cream for a woman who is a single mom.  He gets an address to an Italian restaurant and finds out he has to deliver a message for his mother (ma).  Though that one doesn't go well and is more depressing.  He also welcomes the Tatupu family who just moved in and don't feel welcomes since no body acknowledges them (another one of his mission).  He then get his last card, hearts.  This one was one he was afraid of.  The last three people was what he thought was hard and afraid of what the messages are going to be.  Ritchie, Marv and Audrey.


Contrast and Contradictions

While I was reading the book Ed had another ace card and an address was an old theatre.  He goes in and meets a man named Bernie.  Bernie drags Ed to the next movie telling him he was going to miss the rest of his movie.  Ed decides to introduce himself to his surprise Bernie already knew.  In page 250 it says, "'My name's Ed Kennedy,' and hold out my hand.  He stops and shakes it, looking into my face 'Yes, I know who you are.'  Momentarily, he forgets about the reel and looks me directly in the eye with total friendliness.  'I was told you were coming.'  This piece of evidence shows that Ed was brought to this place for something else than a message.  The person who is behind this is probably following Ed and wanting to show him something.  Ed finally finishes his movie and Bernie comes in telling him if he wants to see another.  Ed says he wants to save a movie called Cool Hand Luke for a girl...Audrey.  I was surprised since Ed never really does anything to go out with Audrey.  Not only that, she is in the relationship with Simon, or the Boyfriend what Ed likes to call him.  In page21it says,  "Like I said, I love Audrey something terrible.  Audrey, who's had plenty of sex with plenty of people but never with me.  She's always said she likes me too much to do it with me, and, personally, I've never tried to get her naked and new and all shivery in front of me.  I'm too afraid."  This piece of evidence shows how Audrey looks at Ed as just a friend.  Also it shows he's to afraid to even make a move on her which then he later makes a move.

In page 252 it says,  "He gives me a catalog the size of an encyclopedia to look through and suggest a movie, but I don't need it.  'No thanks' I explain to him. 'I know what I want.'  'Really? Already?'  I nod 'Cool Hand Luke.' He rubs his hands together again and grins.  'Lovely choice.  A great film.  Paul Newman's outstanding, and George Kennedy, your namesake-unforgettable.  Seven-thirty tomorrow?'  'Beautiful.'  'Great, I'll see you and your girl tomorrow then.  What her name, this girl of yours?'  'Audrey.'  'Ah. lovely'  I'm about to to leave..."  This piece of evidence shows how he finally had courage to ask Audrey into just watching a movie.  Also he picked a movie she loves and watches a bunch of times.  I'm guessing he wanted to 'hang' out with her and make her see what he's been doing with the aces.

No comments:

Post a Comment